Request a quote
Carbon dioxide is an odourless, colourless, non-toxic, non-flammable gas. Supplied as a high pressure liquefiable gas in metal cylinders. Welding grade CO₂ is a general purpose shielding gas for steel sections and plates. Used primarily for short arc welding of mild steels with all diameters of solid steel MIG wire and flux cored gas shielded wires. Industrial grade CO₂ is used as an inert atmosphere for industrial applications such as the prevention of oxidation and conveying flammable materials.
Carbon dioxide is a general purpose shielding gas used primarily for short arc welding of mild steels. It can be used with all diameters of solid steel MIG wire and flux cored gas shielding wires. Also used as an inert atmosphere for many industrial applications such as the prevention of oxidation and the conveying of flammable materials. While dry CO₂ is non-corrosive, moist CO₂ is slightly corrosive and requires carbonic acid resistant materials.
Gas cylinder size
Gaseous relative density
Components (% Vol. abs)
CO2 ≥ 99,7 %
Impurities (ppm v/v)
H2O (5 bar) ≤ 200
- Chemical synthesis
- Cryogenic fluid
- Inerting agent
- Protective atmosphere (welding,…)
- Acidification agent
- Recommandations: Ensure adequate ventilation. For full and more detailed information, please consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)..
- Hazards identification: Not toxic, but effect on heart rhythm and respiratory rate can appear at 8-10% (or more) concentrations
- Flammability range: Non-flammable
- Shipping type: Liquified Gases
- Proper shipping name: Carbon Dioxide
- UN Number: 1013
- ADR Class: 2
- Classification code: 2A
- ADR pictogram